Many of the end time events are included in the 7 year tribulation period, however, many of them are also noticed in the preceding years.
We've seen some of these things happening already. These things are leading up to the 7 year tribulation period:
- Israel became a nation in one day (in 1948)
- Jewish people from around the world have come back to Israel to live.
- The Jewish people will slowly come to know that Jesus is the Messiah they have been waiting for. (When He comes back at the end of the Tribulation (7 year) they will know, en-masse, who He
- Many nations will be against Israel (God's chosen people).
- Many nations will be fighting one another.
- People will be turning against one another more often. We see this already. Anger is increasing, senseless killings are increasing.
- The world economy will get worse and worse.
- There will be more sickness and death by animals then has happened in the past. In fact, nearly ¼ of the world population will die.
During the first half of the tribulation period (after the 7 year "peace treaty" is made with Israel) there will be many things happening. It it will not be the worst of the tribulation period,
but it will not be good.
During the first half of the 7 year period these are some of the things that will happen:
- Someone will establish some kind of "peace treaty" with Israel that is supposed to be for 7 years. This marks the beginning of the 7 year tribulation period spoken about in the Bible. This person will later become known as the "Antichrist"
- Before the middle (the 3 1/2 year mark) of the 7 year tribulation period, the Jewish Temple has to be built and animal sacrifices being performed. This could be before the "peace treaty" or
part of the treaty.
- Very shortly after the "peace" treaty is signed, 2 men will start preaching, probably in Israel, who will tell the people about God. This will probably be in much the same manner as Jesus
spoke to the people when He walked the earth - in a manner that they will understand, if they are open to the Word of God. These 2 men will be around until the midway point in the 7 year tribulation period
when they'll be killed.
- There will be a huge earthquake, or maybe more than one. Because the earthquake is so large, it will cause ruptures in the earth which will allow gases and ash to escape. This will
really mess things up because of all the smoke and ash it will create. It'll blot out the sun and moon and make many changes to the earth's topography. The ash and smoke could also be caused by a big
asteroid hitting the earth.
- The ash resulting from the earthquake(s) or asteroid will cause more fires than can be handled. In fact, it will burn up nearly 1/3 of the earth's greenery (trees and grass).
- The ash will pollute the salt water and cause about 1/3 of the salt water fish to be killed.
- The ash will destroy most of the ships that are at sea at the time.
- The ash will pollute the fresh water throughout the world. Many people will die from the polluted water.
- The ash will blot out the sun, moon and stars.
- Some kind of bugs (like locusts) will be released (possibly from the earthquakes) and will torment the unbelievers. (this should give the unbelievers something to think about - especially
if they know any believers at the time). The bugs could be an army of some kind too.
- There will be another earthquake at Jerusalem that will kill 7000 people and destroy 1/10 of the city.
- This is at about the 3 1/2 year point - half way through the 7 year tribulation period. This is the latest time that the rapture of the believers can happen.
- The 2 men who appeared shortly after the peace treaty was signed will be killed and will be on display (dead) for 3 1/2 days. Then they'll come back to life again (much to the surprise of
the world) and will be taken up into heaven. This will all be on world wide TV.
If you are going through this and all seems hopeless, you must realize that this is the time for you to repent. Believe what the Bible has to say about Jesus. Accept Jesus as the one who paid the price for your sins.
The 2nd half of the tribulation period is known as The Great Tribulation. This is when things go from bad to worse.
- If you haven't already asked Jesus to come into your heart, then do so now.
- Results of Jesus coming into your heart at this time.
- You will probably get killed during this time - for being a Christian.
- You will spend eternity with a loving Father.